Innovation & Diversity
Language of Instruction: English
Registration dates from Sept. 01st, 2022, 00:00 until October 9th, 2022, 23:59.
The seminar "Innovation & Diversity" deals with the interlinkages between the development of sustainable and responsible innovations and diversity in changing contexts. Diversity is therefore considered from different perspectives and a focus on selected categories of diversity (e.g. gender, race, age) is set. During the course, students work together in groups to discuss sustainable, innovative, and diversity-sensitive solutions to current research areas like sustainable and inclusive AI systems.
Intended Learning Outcomes
After completing the course, students are able
• to understand the connection between diversity, innovation and their own subject,
• to transfer the connection and its consideration to practical examples,
• to critically reflect on them and their own behaviour,
• to apply them analytically to a concrete case,
• to prepare a profound basis for a discussion with opposing viewpoints, and
• to prepare a scientific elaboration.
Sustainable Development Goals
The seminar introduces students to responsible technology and innovation processes. In particular, topics of equality and diversity (SDG 5, 10) are highlighted in the technical context. With a focus on innovation (SDG 9), the seminar introduces terms related to responsibility and sustainability and establishes the link between innovation and diversity.
Explore all teaching and research activities at GDI concerning these goals:
SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure