Research AssociateDownload digital business card
Building: Gebäude 3010
Jennifer Bosen is a Research and Teaching Associate in the fields of sustainability, environment, mobility and diversity. She is a doctoral student at the graduate college ACCESS!, funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, where she conducts interdisciplinary research following the central question “What will the mobility of the future look like?”.
Jennifer Bosen studied Sociology and English Studies at RWTH Aachen University. As part of her studies, she conducted field research on air pollution, environment and diversity in China, during a DAAD-funded semester abroad at the East China University of Science and Technology ECUST in Shanghai and a summer school of the London School of Economics and Political Science LSE at Peking University PKU.
To Breathe or not to Breathe? Awareness of Ambient Air Pollution in China – Self and Other in Private and Public (2017, unpublished)
Bosen, Jennifer (2022): Cycling Through Air Pollution and Traffic: Risk Perception, Mitigation Strategies, and Subjective Safety of Committed Utilitarian Cyclists in the German City of Aachen. RGS-IBG Annual International Conference, September 1st, 2022.
Bosen, Jennifer (2022): Session Cities, Mobilities Place and Space. Session Chair at the British Sociological Association Annual Conference, April 20th, 2022.
Bosen, Jennifer & Fuchte, Hanna (2021): Alltagsradeln im Stadtverkehr – ein transdisziplinärer Blick auf die Belastung durch Verkehrsrisiken und -emissionen (Transl.: Everyday Cycling in the City – a Transdisciplinary Exposure Analysis of Traffic Risks and Emissions). 12th Annual Pegasus Conference, October 16th, 2021.
Bosen, Jennifer (2021): Putting the Social in Mobility. Invited Speaker at European Mobility Week, September 22nd, 2021.
Bosen, Jennifer (2021): Mobility Future – Future Generations’ Visions of Sustainability and Traffic Mobility. British Sociological Association Annual Conference, April 15th , 2021.
Bosen, Jennifer (2020): Mobility Future – Interdependenzen von Diversität, Umwelt, Nachhaltigkeit und Mobilität am Beispiel jugendlicher und junger Erstakademiker*innen in Deutschland. (Transl.: Mobility Future – Interdependencies of Diversity, Environment, Sustainability and Mobility on the example of adolescents in Germany). 11th Annual Pegasus Conference, October 10th, 2020.
Bosen, Jennifer & Fuchte, Hanna (2019): Studie zur gemessenen und subjektiv empfundenen Luftschadstoffbelastung von Radpendelnden in Aachen (Transl.: Measured and Subjectively Perceived Air Pollution of Cycling Commuters in Aachen), Poster. Jahressymposium NRW-Forschungskolleg Access!, Aachen, October 22nd, 2019.
- Sustainability in the Construction Industry: Chances of Implementing Social Responsibility in Housing Projects (2021)
- Tiny Houses as a Solution to a Socially Sustainable Development of Housing Space (2020)
- Climate Change and Intersectionality – Analysis of the Particular Vulnerability of Women in the Charlands of Bangladesh (2020)
- Commuting through Avenues and Exhaust Fumes in Aachen – Analysis of Bike Mobility and Perceived Air Pollution in Urban Areas (2019)
- Is Student Mobility Socially Sustainable? – Investigation on the RWTH Aachen Campus (2019)
- Smart Enough Cities? – The Role of Urban Quality of Life in Smart Cities Exemplified by Songdo (2019)
- Implementation of Smart City concepts in city districts – Exemplified by the “GrowSmarter” project at Stegerwaldsiedlung in Cologne Mülheim (2018)
- Socially Sustainable Mobility in Rural Areas: Indicators and Evaluation Framework for the County Heinsberg (2021)
Social Development and Sustainability (winter/summer term)
|Sustainable Mobility Cultures and the SDGs : Towards an Interdisciplinary Approach|
Contribution to a book (2020)
|Bosen, Jennifer (Corresponding author)|