PersonDr. phil., Universitätsprofessorin
- Phone: +49 241 80-90630
- Nach Vereinbarung per E-Mail
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Carmen Leicht-Scholten, political scientist by training is director of the RRI Hub at the Technical University in Aachen (RWTH). She is professor for Gender and Diversity in Engineering University (GDE) at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and professor at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. The bridging professorship allows to graduate students and educate PhDs in engineering as well as in Arts and Humanities. From 2016–2019 she has been rector’s delegate for Socially Responsible Education. From 2012–2016 she has been Vice Dean for Studies at the Faculty of Civil Engineering. In 2014 she was awarded as a Kármán Fellow and being invited to Stanford University as a visiting professor.
Her focus in research and teaching addresses the embeddedness of social factors in research and innovation processes i.e. the social construction of science and technology. Integrating diverse actors in society in participatory processes is considered key factor in order to achieve transformations to more sustainable solutions. She is engaged in integrating those perspectives in engineering curricula on national and international level, i.e. as deputy member of the German Accreditation Council.
For further information download the full-length CV [PDF, German].
Most Relevant Publications
- Bosen, J. / Leicht-Scholten, C. (2020): Sustainable Mobility Cultures and the SDGs: Towards an Interdisciplinary Approach. In: Leal Filho, W., Azul, A. M., Brandli, L., Özuyar, P. G., & Wall, T. (Eds.) Sustainable Cities and Communities. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Springer, Cham.
- Leicht-Scholten, C. / Bouffier, A. (2020): Mind the Gap – Industrie 4.0 trifft Gender. In: Frenz W. (Ed.) Handbuch Industrie 4.0: Recht, Technik, Gesellschaft. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Steuer-Dankert, L., Gilmartin, S. K., Muller, C. B., Dungs, C., Sheppard, S. & Leicht-Scholten, C. (2019): Expanding Engineering Limits – A Concept for Socially Responsible Education of Engineers. The International Journal of Engineering Education, 35(2), pp. 658–673.
- Leicht-Scholten, C. (2018): Sozial verantwortliche Technikwissenschaften: der Beitrag der Geschlechterforschung für Forschung, Entwicklung und Ausbildung. In: B. Kortendiek (Ed.): Handbuch interdisziplinäre Geschlechterforschung (pp. 1–9). Springer Verlag, Wiesbaden.
- Leicht-Scholten, C., Bouffier, A. & Steuer, L. (2016): Facing Future Challenges: Building Engineers for Tomorrow. In: 5th International Conference New Perspectives in Science Education, März 2016, Florenz (pp. 32–37).
- Leicht-Scholten, C., Breuer, E., Tulodetzki, N. & Wolffram, A. (Eds.) (2011): Going Diverse: Innovative Answers to Future Challenges. Gender and Diversity Perspectives in Science, Technology and Business. Budrich UniPress, Opladen.